Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Iowa Trip!

Better late than yet, right?!

Well, a couple of weekends ago I got to go visit my lovely sister Melissa and her husband Kreg and my cute niece Landrey! It was such a great weekend and I got to catch them up on my college experience!

Here we are going pass the state-line!
It was a long drive but well worth it!
We got there around 10p and by that time little Landrey was asleep so we all just sat around chit chatting about what was new with all of us.
The next day we got up and went to Landrey pool party for reading so such this summer. It was so much fun but the water was a little chilly yet after being in it for so long we all got use to it.

This was before we got in the water!
Looking good everybody! ;)


This is such a cute picture! I love her little feet next to her mommy! 



After that event was over we went back home and just hung-out. Later that evening we got to ride jack the horse that lives just outside their house. Then I got to meet Doc. Landrey's favorite horse! I haven't rode a horse in a long time but it was a BLAST! I will tell you this don't ever let go of the reins! haha I knew this but I couldn't help myself when Doc. decided to start trotting fast. But he's such a good horse he knew that it freaked me out so he went right to his master a friendly girl who takes good care of them. Sorry I forgot her name but she was really nice! 
My dad helping me because jack didn't have reins.

This is another young female horse! Very friendly and loves being petted!
Overall this was just what I needed. The fresh air of the country; its a great place to think! I personally am a city girl but every once in a while people need to take a step back from the craziness and rush of their lives and just breathe. Thanks Melissa and Kreg for the wonderful food and hospitality! 

ps Those chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and homemade carrot cake was the bomb Melissa!!   

Signing out~!!




1 comment:

  1. We miss you girly!! It was such a fun weekend! Great time to catch up. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete